ROCK Part 2 - The Complete Works of the Greatest Rock Acts at Check: All Albums, All Songs
eclipsed book, 288 pages, colour picture print with many photos, 297 x 240 mm, hard cover, 29,95 Euro, ISBN: 978-3-944957-01-2
Already part 1 of "ROCK - Das Gesamtwerk der größten Rock-Acts im Check" was honoured as an outstanding book and absolute basic work of rock music. "One of the greatest rock encyclopedias of recent years", wrote for example "Rock Hard" - or "an absolute must for the friends of rock music of the 60s to 80s", said the SWR1 reviewer. Part 2 now presents the consistent continuation of the ambitious work, which offers a comprehensive analysis of the complete works of the selected artists with the well-known care. Analogous to the first volume, another 20 bands and solo artists were selected who have written rock history - such as The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Black Sabbath, Bruce Springsteen, Eric Clapton, Peter Gabriel - or shaped certain genres - such as Van der Graaf Generator, Dream Theater or Toto.
The editors also placed equal emphasis on selecting the most important genres of rock music and presenting a balanced mix of solo artists and bands. In the 2nd volume, the thoroughly compiled information of the music journalists of the rock magazine eclipsed, which is based on years of intensive research, is again convincing. In addition to relevant background information, detailed reviews with press reviews and partly exclusive music quotes, specials, complete discographies and rare photos, the clear album ranking in five categories from "Kaufrausch" to "Fehlkauf" completes the presentation. The 2nd part of "ROCK - Das Gesamtwerk der größten Rock-Acts im Check: Alle Alben, alle Songs" is with 288 pages 24 pages more extensive than the 1st volume. The comprehensive work offers both beginners and connoisseurs an exciting read. A third volume is planned.
|"One of the greatest rock encyclopedias of recent years, the esteemed colleagues from the prog magazine 'eclipsed' have been blasting into our music rooms." (Rock Hard)|
"The book not only evaluates every single record of the artists. She also rates every single song on it. The authors prove pleasing expertise [...] Can a book do more about rock? No! (Frankfurter Rundschau)
"A high-quality book at an amazingly low price. An absolute must for the friends of rock music of the 60s to 80s." (SWR1)
- complete analysis of the complete works of the 20 most important rock acts: AC/DC, The Alan Parsons Project, The Beatles, Black Sabbath, Eric Clapton, Dream Theater, Bob Dylan, Eloy, ELP, Peter Gabriel, Grateful Dead, Iron Maiden, Mike Oldfield, Patti Smith, Rainbow, Bruce Springsteen, Supertramp, Toto, Van der Graaf Generator, The Who
- Band history at a glance (timeline, musical roots, most important facts etc.)
- all studio albums, the most important live albums, DVDs etc.
- for each studio album: review, all info, tracklist, rating of the single songs as well as press reviews and musician quotes
- the top albums with XXL-Review
- Top-30 songs of all bands/artists (plus top-5 special lists "For Freaks", "For Beginners", "Top-Bonus-Tracks" etc.)
- complete discography
- many rare photos